Return to Index
This script will automatically check your answers for you.
2. As a child he was a choirboy at
St. Stephen's Cathedral in Vienna
Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris
St. Paul's Cathedral in London
none of the above
3. He spent most of his live in the employ of
the Empress Maria Theresa
the Archbishop of Solzburg
the Esterhazy family
4. Many of his very early symphonies had only three movements. They were modeled after the
sonata da camera
sonata da chiesa
5. Haydn wrote how many symphonies
6. In sonata allegro form in a major key the B theme in the recapitulations is in the:
7. The last movement in a Classic symphony is most commonly a:
8.Haydn symphonies in minor keys are from which period of composition?
9. Some of Haydn's symphonies have just one theme:
10. In a Haydn string quartet the first subject is almost always introduced by the:
11. Many slow movements of Haydn string quartets are in theme and variation form. The most famous of these is from which quartet?
12. Haydn wrote his oratorios The Creation and The Seasons for audiences in: